Roche Science & Innovation Series: Synthetic Lethality
November 6, 2018
Time: 10:30AM - 1:30PM
Clinical validation of the concept of synthetic lethality has been demonstrated by the successful disease management of patients harboring genetic mutations in BRCA1/2 with PARP inhibitors. New computational and experimental approaches have elucidated additional synthetic lethal interactions that may be exploited for drug development to treat unmet medical needs. LabCentral sponsor Roche has invested in this approach for early discovery, furthering efforts to make personalized healthcare a reality. A coalition of academic, biotech and digital health scientists will be required to fully capitalize on the potential to develop therapies based on synthetic lethal interactions.
The External Innovation Team for Roche Oncology will host a panel discussion focused on Synthetic Lethality Approaches: Combining Big Data with Drug Discovery. In addition to the proposed topic of synthetic lethality, they hope to facilitate a broader discussion on how big data and machine learning can be used to identify and validate novel targets for early discovery. The event will conclude with a networking session over lunch. Researchers within the academic and biotech communities are encouraged to attend. It is guaranteed to be an engaging discussion.
- 10:30am -11:00am - Registration and Networking
- 11:00am - 11:15am - Introduction by Roche - Rita Mateus Seidl, External Innovation, Oncology Discovery, Roche Innovation Center Munich
- 11:15am - 12:00pm - Panel Discussion Moderated by Fiona Mack, External Innovation, Oncology Discovery, Roche Innovation Center New York
- Alan Huang, CSO at Tango Therapeutics
- Daniel Rohle, Molecular Targeted Therapy Oncology Disocery, Roche Innovation Center Basel
- Dong Zhang, Associate Professor, NYIT
- Frank Stegmeier, CSO at KSQ Therapeutics
- Wei Yi Cheng, Data science, Roche Innovation Center New York
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm - Q&A
- 12:30pm - 01:30pm - Networking and Lunch