JLABS | Meet with...National Cancer Institute
August 6, 2015
Presented by Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS
Time: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
RSVP after requesting the LabCentral code for free entry from Clancy
Twice as many people survived cancer in 2012 than did in 1992. Today, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) is poised to further accelerate the rate of scientific discovery and reduce the burden of cancer in the United States and around the world.
Michael Weingarten, Director for the NCI SBIR Development Center, Andrew Kurtz, Program Director & Team Leader with the NCI SBIR Development Center, and Todd Haim, Program Director with the NCI SBIR Development Center will present and discuss the SBIR and STTR programs that fund and support small biomedical technology companies. These representatives will cover:
- NIH/NCI SBIR Overview and Initiatives, as well as eligibility requirements
- NIH SBIR/STTR process and new cancer-focused grant funding opportunities from NCI
- New NCI SBIR/STTR initiatives such as NIH Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) Team Training Pilot Program
- NCI efforts to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners, and business leaders from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Practical strategies on how to successfully submit competitive research proposals
Following the presentation and Q&A, don't miss this opportunity to introduce yourself to the NCI SBIR Development Center representatives during the networking lunch. And finally, for those companies who apply online and are approved, one-on-one meetings* will provide a forum to further discuss your company with the NCI.
9:00am | Registration Opens
9:30am | Presentation: NIH/NCI SBIR Overview and Initiatives
10:30am | Presentation: Tips on Submitting Competitive Applications
11:15am | Networking Lunch
12:00-2:00pm | One-on-one Meetings*
*The one-on-one application period ended on July 20, 2015.